Mentoring in Financial Capabilities
(for businesses with 10 or more employees based in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown)
Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council have teamed up with The Agile Executive to deliver one-to-one mentoring over six months to companies to strengthen their strategic financial capabilities (a skill that has been identified by the OECD being generally weak in Irish SMEs) enabling them to make informed financial/ operational decisions for future growth.
Participants will work with their mentor to identify areas for improvement in financial capability and build expertise in these areas enabling a step change in their financial management capability. Areas for improvement could include:
- Financial Processes – are they efficient right now and as the business grows?
- Resources – are they providing the support the business needs?
- Planning – how strong is your planning?
- Management – are current management processes driving the business forward?
- Business Performance – is the business generating the return it should be?
- Funding – do you have the correct funding to support growth?
- Long Term Planning – do you have a long-term financial plan for the business and the owners?
Level of Support Available
Up to 24 hours of one-to-one mentoring with a Financial Specialist, over a maximum of 6 months. Each engagement will last no more than 2 hours in any one week.
The programme's value is €2,700, but each company pays a registration fee of just €500 as Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is subsidising the cost of the programme.
How to Apply
- Complete the Application Form. The form will ask you describe your business and the type of support you are seeking. Please complete all fields with as much detail as possible in order for us to match you with the most suitable mentor.
- On receipt of your completed application form we will review your eligibility i.e. your business must be based in the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown area and employ 10 or more to be eligible.
- Once eligibility is confirmed we will send you a payment link to process your registration fee.
- When payment is received, we will match you with a suitable mentor and they will contact you directly to arrange your first session. During your first mentoring session your mentor will conduct a detailed assessment of your current financial capabilities and based on this agree a plan of action.
From start to finish, the application and matching process should take no longer than two weeks.