Local Enterprise Office Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown's Mentor Programme is designed to match up the knowledge, skills, insights and entrepreneurial capability of experienced business practitioners with small business owner/ managers who need practical and strategic one to one advice and guidance. The mentor contributes independent, informed observation and advice to aid decision making.
Our mentor programme is open to new and existing businesses based in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown county. Confidentiality is assured.
The Role of Mentor:
- Advise and provide direction
- Help the promoter identify problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Discuss solutions and innovative ways of improving business activity
- Help with the decision making process
- Share experience and knowledge
- Provide structure and context for discussion
- Offer assistance in compiling a business plan
Areas of involvement typically include:
- Business Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Market Research
- Marketing & Promotion
- The Sales Process
While the engagement is heavily subsidised by LEO Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown and in normal circumstances a fee of €75 per 3 hours applies, we are currently waiving this fee due to the current COVID-19 situation.
How to Apply
1. Complete our Mentoring Application Form. The form will ask you describe your business and the type of support you are seeking. Please complete all fields with as much detail as possible in order for us to match you with the most suitable mentor.
2. On receipt of your completed application form, we will match you up with a suitable mentor. You will receive notification once your mentor has been appointed and then the mentor will contact you directly to arrange your first meeting.
Applicants must be located in The Dun Laoghaire Rathdown LEO area, for clarification you can contact us directly on (01) 204 7083
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown LEO reserves the right to refuse applicants for Mentoring on the basis of their business/application being deemed unsuitable. Where relevant training or advice may be recommended as an alternative option.